Today I share my beautiful and brilliant older sister’s thoughts, brought to you all the way from Cambodia… She has a heart of gold, and it is worth winning! Trust me.
8 Ways to Win My Heart
- Listen to me. Ask questions. If someone’s not actively listening, I know it and shut my mouth.
- Give me a lot of time. I trust slowly. Sometimes I distrust my own value and wonder why you would like me. If it seems I’m holding back, keep being friendly. I’m probably just a little scared of you.
- Encourage me. I know, it looks like I have it all going smoothly. But I might be discouraged with the effort it takes to keep putting my best into it. I might be tired of pressing on, and a compliment or words of appreciation refresh my inspiration.
- Be unselfish. Don’t expect everyone to listen to you or do things your way. Don’t chase the American Dream as if that’s the end goal of life.
- Notice what I need without me asking. I’m really impressed if you offer me a seat, fetch me coffee, or notice I’m cold.
- Be kind to children. They are an important part of my life. Love me, love them.
- Be passionate about life! Try new things and take me along. Be intelligently curious about worthwhile things.
- Love music. (How could you not?) Sing. I love hearing people sing wherever and whenever they feel inspired. A beautiful voice makes it even more enjoyable.